Let us help you get the IELTS band score you need!
Why study IELTS at NZLC?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
• Approved IELTS pre-testing centre.
• Three levels in Auckland and one or two levels in Wellington and three types of course options.
• Monday – Thursday FREE after-school study support with individual feedback, study advice and help with exam applications.
• Weekly progress tests and full IELTS exam practice and feedback every 5 weeks.
• Taught by experienced and supportive IELTS teachers.
• Graduation certificate and academic report.
• High success rate.
• Academic Pathway Programme.
• Approved Student Visa Pathway Education Provider.
We offer IELTS courses at 3 levels so that you will be placed in a class aimed at your appropriate level.
• IELTS 1 – Band scores of 4.0 – 5.0. This is approximately equivalent to Low-Intermediate in General English.
• IELTS 2 – Band scores of 5.0 – 6.0. This is approximately equivalent to Intermediate in General English.
• IELTS 3 – Band scores of 6.0+. This is approximately equivalent to Upper-intermediate or Advanced in General English.
Auckland: IELTS 1. 2 and 3. Wellington: IELTS 2 only.
NZLC offers IELTS Study Support for students to get extra help and advice for their IELTS preparation. Students can receive extra feedback on their writing and speaking, individual advice about which IELTS resources to use, and help with IELTS test applications.
NZLC IELTS FREE Study Support runs from 3.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
The IELTS campus is located on Hobson Street, just a short walk from the NZLC main campus. With its academic and supportive environment, the campus is the perfect place for students to prepare for the IELTS test.
• 100 – 150 students.
• 13 classrooms over 2 levels.
• Study areas and 8 computers.
• FREE Wi-Fi and Internet.
• Monday – Thursday FREE after-school study support.
• Extra IELTS study materials.
• Kitchen on each level.
• Bathrooms on each level.
|Levels||3 Levels: Intermediate – Advanced|
|Entry Test||Yes, IELTS Entry Test|
|Length||5 weeks (min) 50 weeks (max)
1 Level = 5 to 10 weeks per level.
|Type||Full Time (23h p/w)
AM Part Time (15h p/w)
PM Part Time (8h p/w)
|Course Starts*||Every 5 weeks (Auckland), Every 10 weeks (Wellington).
(except public holidays)
|Campus||Auckland (3 levels) Wellington (1 level).|
|Class Size||12 (average) / 16 (maximum)|
* A minimum number of students required.
** Acceptance of 16 and 17-year-olds will be at the discretion of the Academic Department.