Let us help you get the IELTS band score you need!
Why study IELTS at NZLC?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
• Approved IELTS pre-testing centre.
• Three levels in Auckland and one or two levels in Wellington with three different course options.
• FREE after-school study support with individual feedback, study advice and help with exam applications.
• Weekly progress tests and feedback and full IELTS exam practice every 5 weeks.
• Taught by experienced and supportive IELTS teachers.
• Graduation certificate and academic report.
• High success rate.
• Academic Pathway Programme.
• Approved Student Visa Pathway Education Provider.
NZLC Wellington offers IELTS course/s at 1 or 2 levels for Band scores of 5.0 – 6.5.
This is approximately equivalent to Intermediate 2 to Advanced in General English.
Choose your programme!
NZLC has a wide range of quality English programmes including General English, IELTS, Business English, Cambridge, Pathway Programme, TOEIC, Young Learners Courses, English Teacher Training, and Group Study Tours.
Below, you can see the full level and course chart. This will give you an idea of the courses available to suit your level of English.
NZLC offers IELTS Study Support for students to get extra help and advice for their IELTS preparation. Students can receive extra feedback on their writing and speaking, individual advice about what IELTS resources to use, and help with IELTS test applications.
NZLC IELTS FREE Study Support runs from 3.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
|Levels||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Entry Test||Yes, IELTS Entry Test|
|Length||5 weeks (min) 50 weeks (max)|
1 Level = 5 to 10 weeks per level
|Type||Full Time (23h p/w)|
AM Part Time (15h p/w)
PM Part Time (8h p/w)
|Course Starts*||Every 5 weeks (except public holidays)|
|Campus||Auckland Academic Campus / Wellington|
|Class Size||12 (average) / 16 (maximum)|
* A minimum number of students required.
**Acceptance of 16 and 17 years old will be at the discretion of the Academic department (Young Learners Tuition fee, Adult Textbook/Material Fee Policy and course hours apply).