Let us help you get the IELTS band score you need!
Why study IELTS at NZLC?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
• Approved IELTS pre-testing centre.
• Three levels in Auckland and one or two levels in Wellington with three different course options.
• FREE after-school study support with individual feedback, study advice and help with exam applications.
• Weekly progress tests and feedback and full IELTS exam practice every 5 weeks.
• Taught by experienced and supportive IELTS teachers.
• Graduation certificate and academic report.
• High success rate.
• Academic Pathway Programme.
• Approved Student Visa Pathway Education Provider.
NZLC Auckland offers IELTS courses at 3 levels so that you will be placed in a class aimed at your appropriate level.
• IELTS 1 – Band scores of 4.0 – 5.0. This is approximately equivalent to Intermediate in General English.
• IELTS 2 – Band scores of 5.0 – 6.0. This is approximately equivalent to Intermediate 2 to Upper Intermediate in General English.
• IELTS 3 – Band scores of 6.0+. This is approximately equivalent to Upper Intermediate to Advanced in General English.
NZLC Wellington offers IELTS course aiming Band scores of 5.0 – 6.5. This is approximately equivalent to strong Intermediate to Advanced in General English.
Below, you can see the full level and course chart. This will give you an idea of the courses available to suit your level of English.
NZLC offers IELTS Study Support for students to get extra help and advice for their IELTS preparation. Students can receive extra feedback on their writing and speaking, individual advice about what IELTS resources to use, and help with IELTS test applications.
NZLC IELTS FREE Study Support runs from 3.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
|Levels||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Entry Test||Yes, IELTS Entry Test|
|Length||5 weeks (min) 50 weeks (max)
1 Level = 5 to 10 weeks per level
|Type||Full Time (23h p/w)
AM Part Time (15h p/w)
PM Part Time (8h p/w)
|Course Starts*||Every 5 weeks (Auckland), Every 10 weeks (Wellington).
(except public holidays)
|Campus||NZLC Auckland Academic Campus (3 levels) / Wellington (1 level)|
|Class Size||12 (average) / 16 (maximum)|
* A minimum number of students required.
** Acceptance of 16 and 17-year-olds will be at the discretion of the Academic Department.