TESOL + Cambridge TKT
Teaching English to speakers of other languages + TKT Preparation
Why study TESOL at NZLC?
NZLC TESOL is an intensive 5 week teacher training course for non-native English speakers where students study both the theory and practice of English Language Teaching to adults. This NZQA approved course is based on best practice in communicative language teaching and includes peer teaching as well as assessed teaching with real students. It also prepares students for the TKT Modules 1, 2 and 3 awarded by Cambridge English Teaching Qualifications. The course is suitable for people who would like to teach English but have not started yet or who are already teaching and would like a formal qualification.
• Taught by highly experienced and qualified teacher trainers.
• NZQA Level 4 approved course completion certificate.
• 2 Assessed written assignments.
• 4 Observed peer teaching practice sessions with oral and written feedback from course trainers.
• 1 Formally assessed final lesson with current NZLC students.
• Performance reports from trainers and tutor supported study time.
• TKT Modules 1, 2 and 3 Preparation.
• Work placement/work experience support provided and opportunities to work as a Teacher Aide at NZLC.
• Pre-course task provided.
Choose your programme!
NZLC has a wide range of quality English programmes including General English, IELTS, Business English, Cambridge, Pathway Programme, NZQA Approved English Test, TOEIC, Young Learners Courses, English Teacher Training, and Group Study Tours.
Below, you can see the full level and course chart. This will give you an idea of the courses available to suit your level of English.
• Roles of teachers and learners.
• Language and skills teaching.
• Learner styles.
• Background to language learning and teaching.
• Language awareness for teaching purposes.
• Lesson planning and resource development.
• Managing the classroom.
• TKT Preparation.
|Levels||Upper-Intermediate (B2) to Advanced (C1) or IELTS 5.0 or FCE pass|
|Entry Test||Yes – TESOL Information Pack and Pre-Interview Task|
|Type||Full Time (35h p/w = 25 contact hours + 10 hours supported self-study)|
|Course Starts*||Every 10 weeks|
|Class Size||12 (maximum)|
*Minimum number of students required
Jinyoung Kim, Korea.