Cambridge FCE (B2 First)
Cambridge Exam Courses – FCE (B2 First)
Why study Cambridge FCE (B2 First) at NZLC?
Cambridge English exams are the most recognised English exams in the world and are accepted by employers, educational institutions and government departments around the world. FCE (First Certificate in English) covers the four main language skills – reading, (+ use of English) writing, listening and speaking. Materials are taken from real life sources, including published personal experiences, business meetings and informal/formal writings. Cambridge English FCE (B2 First), is a thorough test of all areas of language ability at an Upper Intermediate level.
The format of the exam is divided into Reading (+ Use of English), Writing, Listening, Speaking.
NZLC FCE courses prepare students with the language and skills they need to sit the exam once their course is finished.
• Taught by qualified, supportive and friendly teachers.
• Additional after school study support twice a week.
• Dedicated study areas with computers.
• Homework is given regularly.
• Extra FCE study materials available and homework is given regularly.
• Regular mock tests, academic counselling and feedback
• Graduation certificate and academic report.
• An FCE A Pass is accepted by Immigration New Zealand in the Skilled Migrant Category.
• Two or three speaking tests during the course.
• Guaranteed start dates.
Below, you can see the full level and course chart. This will give you an idea of the courses available to suit your level of English.
Passing an FCE exams means that you can:
• Understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
• Keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments.
• Produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
You can use it to:
• Study in English at a foundation or pathway level.
• Work in an English-speaking environment.
• Live independently in an English-speaking country.
• Reading skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
• Writing skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
• Vocabulary and grammar to complete the Use of English section (phrasal verbs, collocations etc.).
• Listening skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
• Speaking skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
• Topical vocabulary and grammar to complete the speaking exam.
|Levels||FCE (Upper Intermediate)|
|Entry Test||Yes, FCE Entry Test|
|Length||10 or 12 weeks|
|Type||Full Time (23h p/w)|
|Course Starts*||7 Jan/ 18 Mar / 9 Sept 2019|
|Class Size||12 (maximum)|
* Acceptance of 16 and 17 year olds will be at the discretion of the Academic Department.