Enrol at NZLC!
STEP 1 – CHOOSE YOUR COURSE(S) & SERVICES.
Please note that for all academic courses and English teacher training courses, placement tests are required and entry criteria must be met.
In our services, we can arrange your travel and health insurance and accommodation.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE YOUR ENROLMENT.
Complete and sign the NZLC enrolment form. Please note, some courses have specific start dates and availability, check the NZLC Course Calendar for further details.
• A Parent’s full contact details and signature are required on the NZLC enrolment form.
• Young Learner students must agree to the following rules as well as the rules/procedures outlined in the Pre-Enrolment Handbook, (sent with offer letter):
• Attend class every day.
• No smoking or drinking alcohol.
• No bad language or rude hand gestures.
• No fighting at any time.
• Be polite at homestay and school.
• Come to school before 9.00 a.m. every day.
• Go back home by 6.00 p.m. every day.
• Respect school property, listen to your teacher and follow their class rules.
• 16 and 17 year-old students can participate in a General English or Academic English course for 16 years and above in Auckland after their maturity level is assessed and confirmed by the Academic Department on their first day. If NZLC finds the student is not suited to the class room environment, NZLC has the right to move the student to the Young Learners programme.
• All Young Learner students must book NZLC return Airport pick up service unless a designated person is appointed by parent(s) in writing and confirmed by NZLC.
• All Young Learner students must enrol in a full time course unless the parent(s) confirm/s in writing that the student will be with them or a designated caregiver.
• If the Young Learner student is not going directly back to their home country after their NZLC course finishes, a release letter must be submitted and signed by their parents.
Extra Caregiver: NZLC will provide pastoral care for all Young Learner students. However, if parents would like to request an extra caregiver through NZLC, this can be arranged for a fee of $90 – $120 per week. NZLC may also request that a particular Young Learner have a caregiver in order for the student to participate in the NZLC course.
STEP 3 – SEND PAYMENT AND FLIGHT DETAILS.
• Fees must be paid and flight arrival details sent to NZLC.
• Payment Options: Telegraphic Transfer, Bank Draft, Cash, EFTPOS, Western Union or Credit Card (Visa or Master).
Please submit your enrolment, payment and flight details 4 – 8 weeks (see table on the right) prior to your start date in order for NZLC to arrange your services. Allow enough time to apply for a New Zealand visa, where necessary.
Enrolment advance notice (minimum)
|Visa Type||Enrolment Form||Payment||Flight Details|
|Visitor*/ Working Holiday/ Residence||4 weeks||4 weeks||4 weeks|
|Student / Visitor**||8 weeks||8 weeks||4 weeks|
NZLC reserves the right to decline any course or service if enrolment forms and details
are not sent within the required timeframe. Visitor* – Visa-waiver countries / Visitors** – Non Visa-waiver countries.
• Full payment of Homestay/Accommodation Fees is required for students over 18 years if staying less than 12 weeks.
• For Young Learners students (under 18yrs) full payment of homestay fees is required for the whole duration of the enrolment.
STEP 4 – RECEIVE FINAL CONFIRMATION
• Once NZLC receives the full payment and subject to meeting all other entry criteria, the NZLC Enrolment officer will send you a receipt of payment and a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). You can use this to apply for a Student visa (if required).
NZLC provides no guarantee that providing such information will result in a visa application being accepted.
• Once NZLC receives full payment and flight details, NZLC will arrange accommodation and airport transfer services (if required) and will send you a final confirmation.
• If travel/medical insurance is bought through NZLC, the insurance certificate will be given to the student on arrival.
STEP 5 – CONFIRMATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
If you have requested these services, you will receive a confirmation letter at least one week before your departure. Your insurance certificate will be given on arrival if you have booked insurance through NZLC.
STEP 6 – TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The NZ Government (NZQA) requires all international students to have appropriate medical and travel insurance for the duration of their enrolment at NZLC and for travel to and from New Zealand, regardless of the type of visa they hold. Schools can only accept insurance policies written in English and which meet the requirement set out in the NZQA Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021.
An acceptable insurance policy includes:
• Medical care in New Zealand, including diagnosis, prescription, surgery, and hospitalization; and
• Repatriation or expatriation of the student as a result of serious illness or injury, including cover of travel costs incurred by family members assisting repatriation or expatriation; and
• Death of the student, including cover of: 1. travel costs of family members to and from New Zealand; and 2. costs of repatriation or expatriation of the body; and 3. funeral expenses.
The policy also has to meet the below conditions to meet the Code of Practice Guidelines 2021:
• A reputable and established insurer with a credit rating no lower than ‘A’ from Standard and Poors or B+ from A M Best.
• An insurer who is able to provide 24 hour service, seven days a week.
• Amounts for health cover should be for an unlimited sum insured.
To avoid confusion, NZLC strongly recommends arranging a policy through NZLC prior to arrival in New Zealand.
If the student’s own insurance policy does not meet the conditions outlined above, the student will be required to upgrade their policy or order one through NZLC, which can be requested at any time during the enrolment process or on arrival.
NZLC Fee Protection
All student fees are transferred directly to an independent Trust Account. “Walker Wayland Auckland Ltd” is the nominated trustee for the protection of all NZLC student fees. Fees are released to NZLC by the Trustee on a drawdown basis as the student’s course is provided by NZLC.