Enrol at NZLC!
STEP 1 – CHOOSE YOUR COURSE(S) & SERVICES.
Please note that for all academic courses and English teacher training courses, placement tests are required and entry criteria must be met.
In our services, we can arrange your travel and health insurance and accommodation.
STEP 2 – COMPLETE YOUR ENROLMENT.
Send the enrolment form to:
• NZLC Auckland: email@example.com or Fax: +64-9-307 9219.
• NZLC Wellington: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: +64-4-802 4621.
NZLC will send you a Welcome letter and invoice (within 2 working days).
Young Learner Enrolment Conditions (under 18yrs)
• Parent’s full contact details and signature are required on the NZLC enrolment form.
• Completed ‘Designated Caregiver Form’ ‘Agent Appointed Homestay Form’ or a confirmation letter from a local high school is required if not staying with an NZLC homestay family.
• Refer to the ‘NZLC Fees and Courses’ or NZLC website for more information on Young Learner pastoral care.
• Students must agree to and sign the NZLC Young Learner Pre-enrolment agreement during time of enrolment.
STEP 3 – SEND PAYMENT AND FLIGHT DETAILS.
• Fees must be paid and flight arrival details sent to NZLC.
• Payment Options: Telegraphic Transfer, Bank Draft, Cash, EFTPOS or Credit Card (Visa or Master).
Please submit your enrolment, payment and flight details 4 – 8 weeks (see table on the right) prior to your start date in order for NZLC to arrange your services. Allow enough time to apply for a New Zealand visa, where necessary.
• Full payment of Homestay/Accommodation Fees is required for students over 18 years if staying less than 12 weeks.
• For Young Learners students (under 18yrs) full payment of homestay fees is required for the whole duration of the enrolment.
STEP 4 – RECEIVE FINAL CONFIRMATION
• Once NZLC receives the full payment and subject to meeting all other entry criteria, the NZLC Enrolment officer will send you a receipt of payment and a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). You can use this to apply for a Student visa (if required).
NZLC provides no guarantee that providing such information will result in a visa application being accepted.
• Once NZLC receives full payment and flight details, NZLC will arrange accommodation and airport transfer services (if required) and will send you a final confirmation.
• If travel/medical insurance is bought through NZLC, the insurance certificate will be given to the student on arrival.
STEP 6 – CONFIRMATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
If you have requested these services, you will receive a confirmation letter at least one week before your departure. Your insurance certificate will be given on arrival if you have booked insurance through NZLC.
STEP 7 – TRAVEL AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The NZ Government (NZQA) requires all international students to have appropriate medical and travel insurance for the duration of their enrolment at NZLC and for travel to and from New Zealand, regardless of the type of visa they hold. Schools can only accept insurance policies written in English and which meet the requirement set out in the NZQA Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.
An acceptable insurance policy includes:
• Medical care in New Zealand, including diagnosis, prescription, surgery, and hospitalization; and
• Repatriation or expatriation of the student as a result of serious illness or injury, including cover of travel costs incurred by family members assisting repatriation or expatriation; and
• Death of the student, including cover of: 1. travel costs of family members to and from New Zealand; and 2. costs of repatriation or expatriation of the body; and 3. funeral expenses.
The policy also has to meet the below conditions to meet the Code of Practice Guidelines 2016:
• A reputable and established insurer with a credit rating no lower than ‘A’ from Standard and Poors or B+ from A M Best.
• An insurer who is able to provide 24 hour service, seven days a week.
• Amounts for health cover should be for an unlimited sum insured.
To avoid confusion, NZLC strongly recommends arranging a policy through NZLC prior to arrival in New Zealand.
If the student’s own insurance policy does not meet the conditions outlined above, the student will be required to upgrade their policy or order one through NZLC, which can be requested at any time during the enrolment process or on arrival.
Enrolment advance notice (minimum)
|Visa Type||Enrolment Form||Payment||Flight Details|
|Visitor*/ Working Holiday/ Residence||4 weeks||4 weeks||4 weeks|
|Student / Visitor**||8 weeks||8 weeks||4 weeks|
NZLC reserves the right to decline any course or service if enrolment forms and details
are not sent within the required timeframe. Visitor* – Visa-waiver countries / Visitors** – Non Visa-waiver countries.
NZLC Fee Protection
All student fees are transferred directly to an independent Trust Account. “Walker Wayland Auckland Ltd” is the nominated trustee for the protection of all NZLC student fees. Fees are released to NZLC by the Trustee on a drawdown basis as the student’s course is provided by NZLC.