Communicate in English with confidence in any situation!
Why study General English at NZLC?
NZLC’s General English courses are the best way for students to develop comprehensive English skills for education, work, social situations and travel in New Zealand and beyond.
• Suitable for all levels (Beginner to Advanced).
• Improves English language knowledge and skills.
• Is communicative, practical and fun.
• Regular progress tests and academic counselling.
• Helps students gain confidence in a supportive environment.
• Introduces students to local culture through activities and project work.
• Taught by qualified, supportive and friendly teachers.
• Leads to a variety of further NZLC course options.
• Pathway to NZLC Academic and English Teacher Training Courses.
• Graduation Certificate and Academic Report.
• Start on any Monday of the month (except public holidays) after an English Placement test.
Below, you can see the full level and course chart. This will give you an idea of the courses available to suit your level of English.
AM: Communicative Approach
Focuses on language systems and listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
PM: Functional Approach
Builds confidence and fluency using practical, everyday language so that you can use what you learn straight away outside the classroom.
Combines the best-published materials with authentic resources from TV, radio, the internet and social media.
Activities and project work give you opportunities to use English in real-life situations so that English becomes part of your everyday life.
|Levels||Beginner to Advanced|
|Length||1 – 52 weeks / 1 level = 10 week cycle|
|Type||Full Time (23h p/w)
AM Part Time (15h p/w)
PM Part Time (8h p/w)
|Course Starts*||Every Monday (except public holidays)|
|Campus||Auckland / Wellington|
|Class Size||12 (average) / 16 (maximum)|
* A minimum number of students required.
** Acceptance of 16 and 17-year-olds will be at the discretion of the Academic Department.
For the General English course, is possible to start in any Monday of the month (except public holidays) after an English Placement test.
Luiz Fernando, Brazil.