Update & Current status
Last updated 16 August 2023 (We will continue to update this page with new information)
• NZLC Auckland – Normal operation.
• From 11.59pm 31 July 2022: New Zealand border reopened to all countries, including student visa application for offshore students.
All government vaccine mandates will end at 11:59pm, 26 September 2022. Vaccination requirements for travellers and crew members arriving in New Zealand will end.
New Zealand Alert Level – New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) ended Monday 12 September.
- From 15 August 2023 the Government announced the removal of all remaining mandatory public health requirements for COVID-19. These will be replaced by guidance from the Ministry of Health.
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases will no longer be legally required to self-isolate. However following Ministry of Education recommendation, if you are a student at NZLC and have tested positive for COVID-19, you must still isolate for 5 days before returning to class. Household contacts no longer need to isolate for 7 days. If you live with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, we recommend you:
- take a rapid antigen test (RAT) each day for 5 days
- avoid contact with the person who has COVID-19.
- Masks will no longer be mandatory in any locations. However, due to the increase in COVID cases recently in New Zealand, NZLC strongly recommends that you continue to use masks.
- From 15 August 2023 masks will no longer be mandatory in any locations. However, due to the increase in COVID cases recently in New Zealand, NZLC strongly recommends that you continue to use masks.
Please refer to the following website for full details and updates from New Zealand Immigration: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/coronavirus-update-inz-response