NZLC Job Search Assistance
Free after-school Job Prep Workshops
See the after-school monthly NZLC Activity Calendar for dates and times.
• CV writing assistance.
• Job interview practice.
• IRD Number application assistance.
• Tips on searching for jobs in New Zealand.
Work Experience and Internship Placements
We can help place you in a variety of work or volunteer opportunities in New Zealand.
• Volunteer Work Placement.
• Internship Programme (unpaid) *.
• Job Placement (paid) *.
• Seasonal Work/Vineyard Work Placement.
• WWOOF Organic Farms Registration (approx. $40 registration fee).
• Au Pair / Demi Pair Placement *.
Working Holiday Visa Holders
Students can work full-time.
Student Visa Holders
Work up to 20 hours per week while studying a full-time NZLC course for at least 14 weeks.
The minimum hourly rate for adults is NZ$17.70**
* Placement in paid or unpaid positions: $350 – $800 placement fee may apply.
This service is available for students from 18 years and over.
In order to get a paid job, it is essential to hold a valid work permit or working holiday visa. Student visa holders must study for a minimum of 14 weeks to be allowed to work up to 20 hours per week.
The type of work experience assigned to each student depends on the student’s English ability, employer’s requirements, experience and interest.
We will try our best to find work experience which matches the specific requirements of each student, but a placement cannot be guaranteed.
** As of April 2019.