Work in New Zealand
Work in New Zealand
With a good English level and a ‘can-do’ attitude, many NZLC students have successfully found jobs during or after their studies.
It’s a great idea to find a job in NZ to help you support your studies, practice your English and meet new people!
NZLC classes are very interactive too so you will get the chance to do role-plays to improve your conversational skills, pronunciation and learn how to interact with customers and employers in English before you start your job search.
If you want to work in NZ, it’s very important that you have the correct visa.
NZLC is a Category 1 school so when you enrol for a 14 week full-time course on the Student Visa, you can get a 20 hour per week work permit.
You may also work on the Working Holiday Visa or a Work Visa however you cannot work on a Visitor Visa!
A Variety of Opportunities
• Work Experience / Internships.
• Café & Restaurant work.
• Farm Stay or Fruit Picking.
• Au Pair.
• Casual / Seasonal / Part Time / Full Time work.
Daniel found a job as a bartender in an events company 1 week after completing the NZLC English + Cocktail Making course!
Bruna works part-time as a waitress in a Brazilian café close to the school. She found the job a few weeks after she started searching.
FREE Job Preparation Workshops
Week 1: Job Seminar
• How to apply for an IRD number.
• What kind of work is available.
• How to find a work place.
• How to set up a job interview.
• What English level is required for different jobs.
Week 2: CV & Cover Letter Writing Skills
• How to write a CV.
• How to make an attractive CV.
• How to write a Cover Letter
Note: Sample Schedule only. Students have to have the appropriate visa to work in New Zealand.
Week 3: Job Interview Skills
• How to make a good impression at the interview.
• What to prepare.
• How to present yourself.
• What kind of questions you will be asked.
Week 4: Working in the Hospitality Industry
• Visit the Café & Bar Training School.
• Information about Café, Bar & Barista Training.
• Information for the Café Internship.
• Package Programme.