NZ Tourism & NZ Facts
“Aotearoa” – Land of the Long White Cloud!
Rugged snow capped mountains, pristine golden beaches, volcanoes, lakes and glaciers. New Zealand has a diverse landscape and because it is geographically small, many of these natural wonders can be visited in the same day. Local people have an easy-going and friendly nature which makes visitors feel welcome wherever they go and the low crime rate makes it safe and easy to travel around!
New Zealand Facts:
• 4 distinct seasons.
• Maximum 2 hours’ drive to the ocean from anywhere in NZ.
• 1/3 of the land is protected in national parks and reserves.
• The adventure capital of the world.
• Easy to travel around.
• Lots of work opportunities.
Flight Travel Times
Although New Zealand may seem far away from the rest of the world, once you are here everything is extremely close which makes it easy to explore.
• Auckland to Wellington: 1 hour.
• Auckland to Christchurch: 1 hour 20 min.
• Auckland to Queenstown: 1 hour 40 min.
• Wellington to Christchurch: 45 min.
• Wellington to Queenstown: 1 hour 25 min.
New Zealand’s Top 10 Must-See Destinations:
- Bay of Islands & 90 Mile Beach
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Hobbiton “Lord of the Rings” Film Location
- Rotorua / Waitoma Caves / Lake Taupo
- Tongariro National Park
- Abel Tasmen & Arthur’s Pass National Parks
- Fox Glacier
- Mount Cook National Park
- Lake Tekapo
- Queenstown & Milford Sound
Click on the map to enlarge.