English + Au Pair Programme*
Want to study English AND save money doing a fun job?
Designed especially for international students who love children and want to study English in New Zealand while on a tight budget. It is a great way to practise your English and experience Kiwi Culture.
- Develop your childcare skills
- 10–40 hours per week of Au Pair work
- NZ$60–200 net weekly wage
- FREE accommodation and meals with host family
Intermediate level or above preferred.
- Must be responsible, outgoing, mature, adventurous
- Working Holiday Visa holder
- Minimum of 100 hours of work experience with children
- Reliable references
- Police check required
- Driver License holder preferred
Minimum of 4 weeks study. Au-Pair placement takes place once students complete the course at NZLC*
*Minimum of 2 months placement, maximum 3 - 6 months duration (depending on visa conditions).
Au Pair Duties :
- Waking the children in the morning and helping them to get dressed
- Preparing meals for the children
- Helping the children to take care of their belongings and tidy their room
- Cleaning general communal areas such as the kitchen, living room, hallway, playroom, children’s room and bathroom
- Taking the children to activities, such as sport / dance classes
- Playing, reading and encouraging the children with their homework as well as maintaining family rules (such as limited TV watching, bedtimes etc)
- Babysitting in the evenings
- Helping with the household grocery shopping
- Washing, ironing and organizing the child’s clothes and bedding
Au Pair sample schedule of a day
(10 – 20 hours work per week)
6:30am - 9:00am Assist children to dress, prepare breakfast, take children to school/childcare
9:00am - 10:30am House Cleaning / Dinner preparation
11:00am – 2:45pm Break
2:45pm - 6:00pm Pick up children from school/childcare centre and take care of them
Au Pair Placement Fee: $350
*Visa conditions apply for the programme above. Please contact us for more details.