Cambridge Exam Courses
FCE (B2 First) / CAE (C1 Advanced)
Cambridge English exams open the door to opportunities for work, study and travel
Cambridge English exams are the most recognised English exams in the world and are accepted by employers, educational institutions and government departments around the world as proof of ability to use English. At NZLC we offer different types of exam courses (FCE (B2 First) / CAE (C1 Advanced)) depending on your English level.
Morning classes cover:
- Reading skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
- Writing skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
- Vocabulary and grammar to complete the Use of English section (phrasal verbs, collocations etc.
Afternoon classes cover:
- Listening skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
- Speaking skills and strategies with exam practice exercises.
- Topical vocabulary and grammar to complete the speaking exam.
- Mock tests are given regularly to help students prepare for real test conditions
- An introductory speaking test and 2 full speaking tests will be given over the length of the course
- Regular academic counseling and test feedback
- Homework is given daily
FCE (First Certificate in English)
Ready for success in the real world.
FCE (B2 First) covers the four main language skills – reading, (+ use of English) writing, listening and speaking. Materials are taken from real life sources, including published personal experiences, business meetings and informal / formal writings.
CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
Leading English exam for professional and academic success.
CAE (C1 Advanced) covers the four main skill areas - reading, (+ use of English) writing, listening and speaking. Employers and Universities are aware of the usefulness of this course. Students will be able to communicate with a high level of fluency in a variety of situations including those at a professional level and will be able to carry out complex and challenging research.
* See course calendar for course start dates
** Minimum number of students required
*** Acceptance for 16 and 17 year old's will be at the discretion of the Academic Department.
FCE (B2 First)
and CAE (C1 Advanced)
courses available in NZLC Auckland.
FCE ONLY available in NZLC Auckland.
Students must pass the NZLC Cambridge placement test for course entry.