NZLC is committed to helping you achieve your academic goals. Let us help you get the IELTS band score you need.
Why study IELTS at NZLC?
- Experienced IELTS teachers
- Approved IELTS pre-testing centre
- Three levels of IELTS classes (minimum number of students required)
- Additional study support after class
- A track record of helping IELTS candidates succeed
- Full-time or part-time options
- A dedicated study area
- Extra IELTS study materials available
Study Part Time or Full Time
* Textbook $100 deposit. IELTS exam fee not included in the tuition fee.
Courses start every 5 weeks. For course start dates see the NZLC Course Calendar.
Which NZLC IELTS Class is right for you?
The NZLC course level chart gives an approximate indication of how the NZLC IELTS class level matches the NZLC General English levels and the Common European Framework levels.
Do you want to find out your NZLC IELTS class level? Take our IELTS practice test.
Meet our IELTS Manager: Paul Dixon
- I’ve been tutoring and teaching IELTS since 2006
I’ve taught IELTS in
China, the UK, Australia and New Zealand
- I am CELTA-qualified, have completed DELTA Module 1 (Distinction) and am currently completing DELTA Modules 2 and 3
- I hold degrees and other graduate-level qualifications from the University of Oxford, University of London and the Open University (UK)
- My main teaching interests are in exploring
different methods of giving writing and speaking feedback
After Class Study Support
- Academic Campus dedicated to IELTS students
- Monday to Thursday from 3:30 to 4:30pm
- Extra writing feedback
- Speaking test practice and feedback
- Individual advice about which IELTS resources to use
- Workshops on how to use additional IELTS resources
- Individual advice on IELTS test strategies
- Help with IELTS test applications
NZLC Pathway & Pathway Student Visa
NZLC Pathway to further study
NZLC has an NZQA-approved English proficiency test that can be used to assess and recommended students for direct entry into courses at NZQA Category 1 & 2 colleges and polytechnics without students having to do an IELTS test.
NZLC has established pathways with many tertiary education providers.
These are some examples of NZLC pathway partners. NZLC can also organize pathway to many secondary and high schools in New Zealand.
- Auckland Hotel and Chefs Training School
- Eastern Institute of Technology
- Elite Management School
- International Travel College
- Kiwi institute of Training and Education
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Media Design School
- New Zealand School of Food and Wine
- New Zealand Institute of Education
- New Zealand School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- New Zealand School of Tourism
- Otago Polytechnic
- Queenstown Resort College
Pathway Student Visa
NZLC is taking part in the “Pathway Student Visa pilot” scheme. Students can apply to study up to 3 consecutive courses on a single student visa for up to 5 years in New Zealand if those courses have an offer of place from one or more education providers that are taking part in the “Pathway Student Visa pilot”. Students will need to have an offer of place with a Pathway education provider and be able to pay their tuition fees. For more details, please visit: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/pathway-student-visa
Pathway education providers
Over 50 colleges and polytechnics, over 70 secondary and high schools and 9 universities are in the Pathway Student Visa pilot scheme. To see a list of all participating institutions, please visit:
What our students say about our IELTS course
Rouyi Che, China
In 4 months, my IELTS bandscore improved from 5.5 to 7.0! I am very happy with the NZLC teachers and learning environment.I recommended NZLC to all my family and friends!!