Cambridge Certificate In Teaching English To Speakers Of Other Languages
CELTA is an international recognized teacher training course that will give you the qualification you need to teach English as a second language in English and non-English speaking countries.
CELTA courses are run at Cambridge English Teaching Awards approved centres worldwide. Certificates
are awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment. Course tutors are experienced English language
teachers who have taught in a wide range of professional situations and are accredited CELTA trainers. All
courses are externally moderated by Cambridge English, ensuring that standards are maintained.
Why study CELTA at NZLC?
• NZLC offers a unique 5-week course instead of the more commonly seen 4-week course.
– One integrated and supported study day per week, allowing more time to research written assignments and plan lessons.
– Less pressure/ reduced stress. Greater enjoyment of the whole experience.
• Over 95% passing rate.
• Over 80% of our graduates find employment in ELT after completing the course.
• A reputable NZQA Category 1 Language School with over 500 students from 25 different countries.
• Winner of the ST Star Award English School in the Southern Hemisphere 4 years in a row!
• The largest language school in New Zealand with lots of teaching opportunities available.
• In-course and post-course employment support, including job workshops, Q&A session on how to get your first teaching job delivered by NZLC’s Academic Department, job placement support etc.
• Be trained by our internationally experienced tutors who have undergone a rigorous selection and training process that is monitored by Cambridge.
• Perfect location right next to the vibrant Viaduct harbour, surrounded by the water and minutes away from Britomart transport station and ferry terminal.
• $100 discount for early birds (see details below).
Who is CELTA for?
CELTA is just what you’re looking for if you are:
• Looking for a career change.
• Planning on moving or travelling overseas, eager to meet and know people from all walks of life.
• Interested in gaining an internationally recognized teaching qualification.
• Passionate about getting practical knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and essential.
• A recent graduate with little or no teaching experience.
• A teacher of other subjects wanting to retrain as an English language teacher.
Early Bird Special
$100 discount for applicants who book and pay the $500 deposit 7 weeks prior to the course start date!
Course participants are not normally eligible for student loans but any inquiries should be directed to the appropriate authority.
How much does the course cost?
Total of NZ $3,400 (or NZ $3,300 with early bird discount) including GST, including:
• Enrolment Fee: $250.
• Material Fee: $100.
• Cambridge ESOL Fee: $300.
• Tuition Fee: $2750 (or $2650 with early bird discount).
Course participants are not normally eligible for student loans but any enquiries should be directed to the appropriate authority.
Early bird special: Receive a $100 discount if you book (and pay the $500 deposit) 7 weeks before the start date.